Saturday, February 20, 2010

Target date has come

Today is the day that I had planned to have my first draft completed; however, I am still 20,000 words short of reaching my goal. I don't know what's happened really. These last couple of weeks have been absolutely crazy. I've been sick. My kids have been sick. Work. Errands. Life in general has gotten in the way of me finishing on time. Because I want to finish the first draft of this book, I am giving myself another 30 days. Things around here are seeming to calm down somewhat and spring time is coming, which means the kids will be able to play outside more, giving me more quiet time to write.

Hopefully, within the next 30 days I will be able to finish the first draft and start on the second. I'm not giving up on this.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. I had a self-imposed deadline of December 31st. It turned into January 31st, and then February 28th, and now it's March 31st. Oh well, we will eventually get there.

    ReplyDelete